ubl-dev message

Subject: UBL 2.1 and EU Standard Forms

Would someone please tell me if the EU's new Standard Forms are compatible or whatever with UBL 2.1?

UBL 2.1 claims input from CEN/BII in the creation of etendering forms of a similar variety as used under European regulations. But the European Regulations make no reference to UBL that I can find. The Regulations define standard forms for tender notices but don't even mention CEN/BII. They say merely that forms should be submitted through TED eSenders. But I can not find any TED claims for conformity with CEN/BII or UBL either.

It would seem sensible to assume, but I can't. So I must ask: what line of authority or formal reference can be traced from the EU regulations on contract notices through TED, CEN/BII and on to UBL?

Mark Ballard
Freelance journalist.