ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Re: UBL and CEN BII compliance

At 2015-12-16 15:43 +0000, Mark Ballard wrote:
(or UN CEFACT...)

On 16 December 2015 at 15:41, Mark Ballard <<mailto:markjballard@googlemail.com>markjballard@googlemail.com> wrote: CEN BII standards include a syntax binding to UBL. Does that mean that for someone to be compliant with CEN BII they would have to implement according to UBL?
I think this is the wrong forum for your question, as your question regards BII compliance. This mail list is for UBL development and deployment. I would think only BII would be able to definitively tell you.

But I do observe here:

  http://www.cenbii.eu/cen-wsbii-3-deliverables-available-for-public-review/

... the following:

  "CEN BII also provides mappings to two syntaxes from OASIS UBL
   and UN/CEFACT. These are published as Implementation guidelines.
   All Profiles and Guidelines are based on open and transparent
   methodologies, which are published as Architecture CWAs."

So, finding the document regarding UBL linked here:

  http://www.cenbii.eu/deliverables/cen-wsbii-3/cwa-56782015-bii-post-award/

and downloaded here:

ftp://ftp.cencenelec.eu/CEN/WhatWeDo/Fields/ICT/eBusiness/WS/BII/CWA5678-UBL.zip

I note in the table of contents there is no "conformance" clause per se. And the title is, after all, "UBL Syntax Implementation Guidelines". Not sure if the word "Guidelines" is permissive or prescriptive when used in this title.

But in this mail list I think comments regarding BII are supposition and speculation, and it would be best to make a formal request of BII to get the definitive answers to your questions:

  http://www.cenbii.eu/contact-us/main-contacts/

p.s. happy holidays to you and all UBL Dev'ers!

Free 5-hour lecture:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/ |
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ profile:       http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |