ubl-dev message

Subject: RE: [ubl-dev] UK switching to OCDS

Attached analysis of OCDS JSON - I managed to XMLize their stuff after some effort.

I can see why the UK is buying into this - its from the W3C and Lord Berners-Lee.

Sadly the document heads at the W3C are not in tune with developing information exchanges for systems to systems integration.

I suspect this will be an experiment that does not achieve the results desired.

FYI - I have just designed and implemented a pre-solicitation system for managing the approach used by the US Government for procurements.

Respectfully,

David

-------- Original Message --------
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
Date: Fri, May 13, 2016 12:56 pm
To: Mark Ballard <markjballard@googlemail.com>,
"ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org" <ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org>

At 2016-05-13 16:21 +0100, Mark Ballard wrote:
>Yes, you are right, Mikkel - the announcement is
>not about post-award fulfillment/transaction
>processes. It's about e-tendering and e-notification.

Work is underway in UBL 2.2 to add around 17 new pre-award document types.

If attention to this can be brought to those
looking for new or different pre-award document
types, now is the time to get requirements in for
consideration (using the public comment list).

. . . . . . . Ken

>On 13 May 2016 at 14:42, Mikkel Hippe Brun
><<mailto:mhb@tradeshift.com>mhb@tradeshift.com> wrote:
>Hi Mark,
>
>Thanks for bringing this to our attention.Â
>
>I don't think that OCDS will impact the use of
>UBL in post-award scenarios (ordering, invoicing etc.).
>UBL is already heavily used within the UK
>National Health Services via OpenPEPPOL (see
><https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-e-procurement-strategy>https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-e-procurement-strategy).
>
>Best
>Mikkel
>
>On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Mark Ballard
><<mailto:markjballard@googlemail.com>markjballard@googlemail.com> wrote:
>You UBL folks may be interested to see this UK
>government announcement from yesterday.
>
>UK committed to implement OCDS in its 2016-18
>Action Plan under the Open Government Partnership.
>
>See page 17 - Commitment 5:
>
><https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-open-government-national-action-plan-2016-18>https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-open-government-national-action-plan-2016-18
>
>UK Crown Commercial Service, the purchasing body
>handling cross-government framework agreements,
>will handle all procurements using the Open
>Contracting Data Standard by October 2016.
>
>All UK government procurement will be done in OCDS by June 2018.
>
>The UK already weakened its link to UBL and the
>EU's related eSender XML format in March 2015
>when it relaunched its Contracts Finder national
>procurement portal. Private portal operators
>were have since then been required to transmit
>any public procurement records to the national
>portal in a different format to eSender, which
>until then was the de facto EU procurement standard.
>
>Mark Ballard.

Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training @US$45: http://goo.gl/Dd9qBK |
Crane Softwrights Ltd. _ _ _ _ _ _ http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/ |
G Ken Holman _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |