ubl-dev message

Subject: An expression of appreciation to Tim McGrath

Fellow UBL, UBL-Dev and LinkedIn UBL group members,

Since 2001 Tim McGrath has been the driving and directing force behind the high quality of the OASIS Universal Business Language - ISO/IEC 19845. He has overseen the development, by him and other members, of the UBL library of common business objects and their use in the suite of business documents. By having a finger on the pulse at all times, Tim has ensured quality work products have been created by the committee over the years. This quality was endorsed by UBL being accepted as an international ISO/IEC standard.

Moreover, since Jon's departure, Tim has been the international face of UBL with his frequent trips to Europe and Asia from distant Australia, making the effort on behalf of all of us on the committee. Our thanks to Isabel for putting up with the absences we have benefited from.

In addition to the many past members of the UBL Technical Committee, we current members would like to publicly express our appreciation to Tim for his efforts and his contributions over the years. We wish him well in his new endeavours!

Oriol Bausa
Kenneth Bengtsson
Erlend Klakegg Bergheim
Jon Bosak
Roberto Cisternino
Kees Duvekot
G. Ken Holman
Ole Madsen
Audun Vennesland

p.s. should we consider a new document type for the following instance?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<QualityControlAssessment
xmlns="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:QualityControlAssessment-2"
xmlns:cac="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonAggregateComponents-2"
xmlns:cbc="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonBasicComponents-2">
  <cac:TargetSpecification>
    <cbc:Name>ISO/IEC 19845</cbc:Name>
  </cac:TargetSpecification>
  <cac:DocumentEngineering>
    <cbc:McGrathQualityFactor>Highest</cbc:McGrathQualityFactor>
  </cac:DocumentEngineering>
</QualityControlAssessment>

Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training @US$45: http://goo.gl/Dd9qBK |
Crane Softwrights Ltd. _ _ _ _ _ _ http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/ |