ubl-dev message

Subject: InvoiceLine Item Category

Hello,

I sent this question to the http://ubl.xml.org/forum/invoiceline-item-category forum and was redirected here.

 I am researching information on UBL to introduce it in my organisation.

 I noticed that the InvoiceType can contain one-or-many InvoiceLine which are associated with an Item.

In my organisation, invoices contain invoice lines too. However, invoice lines are grouped by their item category. The category name is a subheader before each invoice line group whose items are part of the same category. Categories are like "Services", "Software licences", "Subscriptions", "Network hardware", "Server hardware", etc.

Example:

Invoice 1234

Software licences
* Invoice Line 3 - Item: 50 seats licence for software A $50
* Invoice Line 4 - Item: 4 CPU licence for software B $10
---> Software licences subtotal = $60

---> Payable amount =$210

How would you define these categories?

Would it be an InvoiceLine and each invoice line would be in a SubInvoiceLine?

If so, the structure would be:

Invoice
|--------------> InvoiceLine (for the 1st category)
                      |--------> Item (for the 1st category name)