ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] In the ParticipatingParty structure...

The answer is always that it is implementation dependent,
we are talking about agreements (aka contracts) so we do not know exaclty the bindings and the intentions of the parties. All depends of the community policies.
The initiator is in general the first sender of a transaction.  In a multi-lateral electronic agreement I expect there will be more than one transaction but the initiator should be the same.
It could be even the GovernorParty the initiator (under this case you cannot set the indicator).

Cheers,
Roberto