ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Is there a consistency expression for MonetaryTotal objects

It is up to communities of users to document such relationships.

For example, in Denmark such was documented here along with many other guidelines:

http://oioubl.info/guidelines/en/commonguidelines.html

Specific for the monetary totals, see here:

http://oioubl.info/documents/en/en/Guidelines/OIOUBL_GUIDE_TOTALS.pdf

For another example, the CEN specification of the calculation of totals is found here:

http://docs.peppol.eu/poacc/billing/3.0/bis/#_calculation_of_totals

At one point more than 10 years ago the UBL committee set out to propose what we called "calculation models", but the effort fizzled when users were telling us, in effect, "we have our own calculation models".

Having said that, though, based on input from the community the committee has recently revived the Small Business Subcommittee in order to create a sample deployment of UBL that organizations can choose to use. The calculation models for that deployment will be documented, but as with the small business subset itself, the related work products will not be normative. They will simply be a set of guidelines for users to use who do not already have their own guidelines.

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/sc_home.php?wg_abbrev=ubl-sbsc

I suggest you distill an amalgam of the models you find out there and document for your users the model you have assumed in your implementation.

Your input to the SBSC regarding such would be most welcome.

. . . . . Ken