ubl-dev message

Subject: Exploring an alternative JSON alternative serialization of UBL documents

Fellow UBL Dev members,

A few years ago I drafted an JSON alternative serialization of OASIS NDR documents using CEFACT CCTS. The process progressed to this point:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-2.1-JSON/v1.0/UBL-2.1-JSON-v1.0.html

Work on the JSON schema has been in fits and starts due to the changing specification. I've been told by a few projects they have been using the existing specification very successfully, but for two and a half years there hasn't been any critical feedback challenging some of the decisions made.

Until today.

I've summarized this and created a ticket for the UBL committee to work on, including a worked-out new proposal:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201912/msg00019.html

The committee welcomes feedback from the UBL developer community. You don't have to be a committee member, but you do have to use the public comment list if you are not a committee member:

  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

In your submission, please reference ticket UBL-273 and/or mention the JSON serialization in the subject line.

Discussion can happen on this list, but recommendations for changes that are made on this list cannot be considered by the committee. All recommendations should be forwarded to the public comment list.

I am interested in particular in hearing feedback from projects already using the existing JSON alternative serialization.

Thank you!

p.s. I wish all of you a very happy holiday season and a successful new year!

--
Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/ |
Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @ US$45 (5 hours free) |