ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] When requesting a Delivery in an Order

I appreciate that this is a Requested delivery period, but giving information to the supplier (or in the case where something has to be collected by the customer to that customer) when in the day they might be able to deliver/collect is of itself useful. Maybe this is something that could be added as a optional structure to the Delivery structure in a future release (and no I am not advocating using an extension). There is little point in the supplier scheduling a delivery that can not be accepted due to timing.

Extending a delivery/collection discussion by delaying information in the early stages, or rather not having anywhere to put information in the early stages, strikes me as rather counter intuitive.

Thinking (I know, a dangerous activity) further on the subject of collections, is there a way to say that the customer has to collect (we have this all the time on the farm - grain merchants have to come and collect grain we do not deliver) and telling them from where they would be collecting?

David