ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] When using Genericode Code lists...

At 2020-05-13 16:52 +0100, David Goodenough wrote:
The shame is that the UBL-2.3(draft).ZIP file does not ship these older files. But we have discussed this before.

Indeed. For the benefit of other readers, the "master" files for UBL 2.3 will be found at:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.3/UBL-2.3.xml

Accordingly, the CVA file for UBL 2.3 will be found at:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.3/cva/UBL-DefaultDTQ-2.3.cva

... and the internal links will point to the code lists found in:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.3/gc/*
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.2/gc/*
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/gc/*
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.0/gc/*

... and so the relative references point *outside* of the UBL 2.3 directory and so, in turn, point outside of the ZIP file. All one has to do is have each of the other UBL OS releases installed as sibling directories (as they are on the server) and then the CVA file works.

But, as Kees noted, the UBL 2.3 CVA file is but illustrative for the convenience of some users and to demonstrate the two-pass validation. It already has been created to produce the UBL-DefaultDTQ-2.3.xsl in the val/ subdirectory, so there is no need for the user to process the CVA file. Communities implementing their own two-pass validation would be taking on the responsibility to determine, manage, and package their own use of code lists.

I take it from the <Context values=... that I should merge the values together overwriting any old values if restated in a later release. Is that a correct interpretation?

Ummmmmm ... I don't think so if I've understood you correctly. The CVA file creates the Schematron using the coded values found in all of the code list genericode files. Not sure what "overwriting" is being done. Each time you replace the UBL 2.3 directory the CVA file will be pointing to the sibling UBL 2.x directories.

In your project you may decide not to use the demonstrative committee example but to create your own CVA file and your own collection of code lists.

. . . . . Ken

--
Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/u/ |
Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @ US$45 (5 hours free) |