ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: [ubl-dev] Balance forward on an invoice

I agree Kees, that the invoice and the statement are two different things. Our current invoice has StatementDocumentReference and that should cover the requirements for a âstatement invoiceâ.

Notwithstanding, the balance forward is a reasonable requirement IMO. And neither the Statement document nor the Invoice document has this at the header level. So like Ken, I am also struggling with finding a straightforward way of including this in an invoice..

With or without an associated Statement document, how would you express having both âprevious balanceâ and ânew balanceâ in an invoice?

/Kenneth

From: Duvekot, Kees <kduvekot@wehkamp.nl>
Date: Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 10:12 PM
To: G. Ken Holman <g.ken.holman@gmail.com>, UBL-Dev <ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org>

Ken,

The famous "anglo saxon" invoicing method vs "continental" invoicing. 😁

To be honest .. I really think there is currently no real proper way to do this ... And I personally also don't think we should support it in the invoice document.

The "balance carried forward" is basically an statement with a invoice included at the bottom.

And from an ERP processing perspective it is also very hard to properly support it in a single document in my view.

So your initial response was correct. Use the invoice document to create the real invoice .. and immediately also send a statement document to show what is still outstanding.

Kees D.