ubl-dev message

Subject: Re: Sv: [ubl-dev] Amount value precision

All,

and for completeness .. on the wikipedia page aboutÂISO 4217 you can see which currencies have 0, 3 or 4 decimal places:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_4217

It's always up to the implementation of UBL to determine how they want to deal with amounts, currencies and decimals ...Â
and these discussionsÂare continuouslyÂhappening .. even more so when dealing with VAT and roundings at various levels or not.
(And then we did not even touch on "VAT Inclusive" pricing and consumer law etc)

Kees D.

Op wo 3 feb. 2021 om 16:06 schreef Martin Forsberg <martin.forsberg@ecru.se>:

The Singapore implementation of UBL/Peppol BIS only restricts the number of decimals on the PayableAmount (2 decimals).

https://www.peppolguide.sg/bis/#_semantic_data_types

https://www.peppolguide.sg/bis/#_rounding

/Martin

FrÃn: David Goodenough <david.goodenough@broadwellmanor.co.uk>
Skickat: den 3 februari 2021 14:03
Till: Martin Forsberg <martin.forsberg@ecru.se>
Kopia: ubl-dev@lists.oasis-open.org
Ãmne: Re: Sv: [ubl-dev] Amount value precision

Martin,

Thank you. Very useful. It would appear that given that PEPPOL does not like PriceExtensions, the only Amount allowed to be more than 2 digits (odd that, given that there are or were currencies that allowed more than two digits if I remember rightly, maybe they are just all historical oddities) is the Price/PriceAmount.

As a matter of interest, other than PEPPOL do you know of any other such tailorings of UBL?

David