ubl-fpsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-fpsc] ccts Annotation Structure (fwd)

At 2003-06-28 00:36 +0800, Chin Chee-Kai wrote:
>I'm resending to FP and
>cc-ing to LC again to request for comments on the proposed
>change in structure for storing documentation information
>in proper element than in attribute.

I would support such a change myself as it is my personal modeling style to
put *all* prose and human-oriented information into mixed content of
elements and *all* synthetic and machine-oriented information into
attributes.

I even bend over backwards to coerce my own document structures to
accommodate these rules ... that way I can spell-check *all* of my PCDATA
and not spell check *any* of my attributes and be able to confirm all my
spelling is correct.

>Please kindly take a look at the following and send in
>your comments or it'll get implemented as proposed.

As a committee, our scope has been on the instance content and not the
documentary components of the schema, so any changes as proposed would not
impact on our formatting specifications in any way.

Thanks for including us in your review.

.................. Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on courses: in-house corporate training available;
North America public:  XSL-FO Aug 4,2003; XSLT/XPath Aug 12, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:    http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc