ubl-fpsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-fpsc] Fwd: Code lists

At 2003-07-03 19:23 +0100, Stephen Green wrote:
>This is forwarded for Lisa.

Thanks Stephen.

>Not many on the call today (just Joan and myself as members and Lisa
>joining in regarding the attached) We ran through with Lisa other codelist
>wishes/requirements for instance generation and maybe forms.

Will these wishes/requirements be captured in the minutes or in a separate
document?

>Then we briefly had an update on allocations of tasks and the schedule.
>We'll cover what we can, Joan (UNLayouts) and I (office and joinery) with
>Ken's help and anyone else's who can mail in and offer to help with specs, etc.

Sounds good to me.  Jean is establishing the XPath requirements by using
key reference numbers, and then I'm editing the document with those numbers
in place.  Unfortunately, the gargantuan scale of the 0.8 compared to 0.7
makes even the text-oriented reference files difficult to work with.

>Hope ther are more joining in next week.

I surely will be (unless, surprisingly, I receive other unexpected revenue
work as I did this week).

Do you and Lisa think the code lists need their own documentation from a
formatting perspective?  I'm anxious to hear about what you discussed
because I'm not sure how we can best help our potential users of formatting
specifications.  We aren't producing stylesheets, just specifications, so
perhaps all we need is a Formatting Specification document for each of the
code lists that documents the use of the information in the code list ...
or is that just documented elsewhere thus requiring us to do nothing with
them other than, say, "De-reference this field value in that code list for
the replacement string to be displayed here on the form" in each of the
formatting specifications to which the code lists could apply?  Totally
different approaches ... we should try and anticipate the users of our
formatting specifications.

Organizations writing stylesheets and proprietary formatting
implementations will need direction regarding how these code lists are
expected to be applied in a formatting situation.

Thanks again for taking care of the meeting while I've been unavailable.

...................Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on courses: in-house corporate training available;
North America public:  XSL-FO Aug 4,2003; XSLT/XPath Aug 12, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:    http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc