ubl-fpsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-fpsc] Code lists as a repository of code list supplemental information

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, G. Ken Holman wrote:

>>>(2).  In LC, we're converting the previous attribute-based
>>>       schema metadata to element-based storage, in the
>>>       standardized form of :
>>>         <xsd:annotation>
>>>           <xsd:documentation>
>>>             <ccts:Component>
>>>               <ccts:CategoryCode>ABIE</ccts:CategoryCode>
>>>               <ccts:ObjectClass>Address</ccts:ObjectClass>
>>>             </ccts:Component>
>>>           </xsd:documentation>
>>>         </xsd:annotation>
>>>
>>>       Might FP consider proposing useful element structure
>>>       to store as part of the ccts space?  I'm imagining
>>>       something like:
>>>         <xsd:annotation>
>>>           <xsd:documentation>
>>>             <ccts:Component>
>>>             </ccts:Component>
>>>             <ccts:Presentation>
>>>               <!-- FPSC proposed structure -->
>>>             </ccts:Presentation>
>>>           </xsd:documentation>
>>>         </xsd:annotation>
>>>

>>>       If we use this structure, I think it'll standardize
>>>       storage of all the various aspects of metadata
>>>       pertaining to the schema.
>>>
>>>       Would this be more appropriate?
>>
>>It looks good to me, but just being a stylesheet geek I'm unfamiliar with
>>the rules and constraints of ccts and how they are to be utilized.

As this is within <xsd:annotation> and only LC is defining stuff
inside so far, as long as we coordinate properly and maintain
some uniformity (such as the example above but if you want a
different localname than "Presentation", it's perfectly fine as
well), then the <!-- FPSC proposed structure --> part is mostly
up to you to put in metadata that is useful to FP.

>>>       I'd be happier if we use <xsd:appinfo> than
>>>       <xsd:annotation> for such machine-oriented purposes.
>>
>>W3C Schema http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-1-20010502/ section
>>3.13.2 distinguishes application information in <xsd:appinfo> from user
>>documentation in <xsd:documentation> ... *both* of which are in
>><xsd:annotation>.

Yes, I meant for <xsd:appinfo> to replace <xsd:documentation>;
thank you for pointing it out.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML