ubl-fpsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-ndrsc] eGov Code List Paper

At 2003-07-23 10:43 -0500, Lisa-Aeon wrote:
>Paul Spence of the Office of the eEnvoy of the UK Government has submitted
>this paper to us for consideration.  Please review, we will be discussing
>code lists on Monday in Montreal.

As feedback for discussion on Monday, it looks like they are already doing
in this paper what we discussed in FPSC that we wanted:  first-class status
for display information (not second-class ignorable documentation; though I
think Tony said that all annotations are ignored by some tools).

As a bonus, they document something I did not realize was standardized:
that currency symbols are not consistently placed only before the
amount.  In FPSC we can take advantage of the information to ensure the
amounts are displayed correctly.

Also, I note at the end of page 13 the suggestion that the instance
explicitly point to the code list, which means FPSC-conformant stylesheets
need not be hardwired to any given code list.

See you in Montréal!

........... Ken

p.s. for FPSC members, the paper is in the NDRSC document repository under
member password control at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/ubl-ndrsc/download.php/2831/UBL%20Schema%20Naming%20and%20Design%20Rules%20Checklist_20030709.rtf

--
Upcoming hands-on courses: in-house corporate training available;
North America public:  XSL-FO Aug 4,2003; XSLT/XPath Aug 12, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:    http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc