ubl-fpsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-fpsc] Revised UN Forms

At 2004-02-04 15:35 +0000, Jean McInerney wrote:
>Please find attached a zip file (UBL-UN-20040204.zip) containing all the UN
>forms (PDF) with the revised form names (bottom left).

I just noticed the OASIS server did not recognize your mailer's attachment
so I've attached the copy as I've received it, named as you indicate.

>I have changed 2 of the names as I think the mnemonic does not add any value
>as the form name is sufficient,

I'll still need the mnemonic on the form as the form's names are rendered
differently in 0p70 than in your examples: they are displayed in the left
marginalia as simple "320", "220", etc. in the bottom left per the UN
layout key.

My understanding is that I cannot (should not?) place any text below the
bottommost line.

My plan is to render the lower left as:

   320

and

   320
   CAN

and

   320
   SMP

while leaving the remaining fields the same, including top right
"ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF ORDER".  If suffixes would be allowed top right, I
could suffix that with "(SIMPLE)" and "(CANCELLATION)" in a half-sized font
as well.

>removing the mnemonic also makes them
>consistent with the other form names structure.
>UN320SMPOrderResponseSimple changed to UN320OrderResponseSimple
>UN320CANOrderCancellation changed to UN320OrderCancellation

I've made your suggested changes to the filenames.

Regarding order cancellation, how do you feel about laying out the page
almost identically to the simple response layout (including all of the
lines that are absent on the current cancellation mockup) changing only
"Rejection reason" to be "Cancellation reason"?

Though I'm not familiar with UN layout key rules, if we use 320 as a base
should we not fill in all of the lines of 320?

If we are allowed to remove the lines of unused boxes of 320 and still
conform to 320, can we do the same with Order Response Simple?  I feel the
cancellation form as it is is sufficiently different than both of the other
320 forms as to stick out ... I think we should change it to look like the
other two, or change simple response to look like order cancellation.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

UBL-UN-20040204.zip

--
Public courses: sign up for one or both soon to reserve your seat!
Each week:  Monday-Wednesday: XSLT/XPath;  Thursday-Friday: XSL-FO

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc