ubl-fpsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-fpsc] Re: Latest (and possibly last) fs/ subdirectory for UBL 1.0

Jon

> We're calling these "generated" -- but that's not really true
> right now, is it?

No, these are more like samples of how paper equivalents
of the XML files might look. Of course, it would be natural for
the stylesheets to seek to emulate these but not necessarily so
(and personally, I wouldn't want to advise this.)
The results of transformations could look rather different and
in there would be some good reasons for them being different
(e.g. where a date-time was held in the XML, the stylesheet
need not restrict this to a date but could instead replace the
text 'Cancellation Date', say, with 'Cancellation Date/Time').

There might be only one way to represent a bit of data
as far as a paper document designer was concerned
(e.g. for Tax read VAT and position a delivery charge
separately from the line data), but the stylesheet designer for
UBL would have to cater for more than one type of Tax,
say and not necessarily be able to distinguish delivery charge
from any other type of line item and so might sensibly prefer
to present tax with dynamic description of tax type and
leave out a separate delivery charge designation, just
allowing it to appear as a line item like any other line item.
In fact, I'd prefer myself either, 1)
a document layout design for any implementation of UBL
which followed a stylesheet design, probably modular,
which itself followed in design the modularity of the UBL
types (ABIEs)
or, an exception to this being 2)
a document design which followed the UNLayouts, say,
and would allow then for similar representaions of, say,
UBL and/or any number of other such standards.

Steve