ubl-fpsc message

Subject: Beginnings of a new stylesheet library for UBL 1.0 documents

Hi folks!

I've completed the stylesheets for the UBL 1.0 Committee Draft Order
document type in the new generation of Crane's library.  I'll start working
on the other seven document types once I get feedback from this.  This
follows our published formatting specifications.

Fabio, can you please run the XSL-FO through xmlroff?  It is a total
redesign and new use of the formatting objects than in the first
library.  There is a "raw/" directory documented in which you'll find a raw
XSL-FO file as if it had been transformed, so you need only work with
it.  It has both the cover page and a continuation page (which is why I had
to redesign it).

Eric, I can't yet create any EAN stylesheets without some formatting
specifications and sample XML instances for your document types (all I've
got so far is some schemas), but I did achieve what I set out to do based
on your initial phone call to me so many months ago: create an importable
stylesheet fragment for the UN Layout Key for each document to be exploited
by multiple XML vocabularies.

Jean, I also haven't had the time yet to write the UNeDocs stylesheets
based on the files that you gave me, as I've been focusing on the UBL
developments in Hong Kong (some exciting open-source software from Hong
Kong University).  These will come, though I suppose since there already
are XSL-FO stylesheets for that project that it isn't a very high priority
for me to make a set.

Please go to the "Free resources" section of my web site linked from our
home page noted below in my trailer.  The first section of the resources
page points to the UBL and UN Layout Key stuff.

I'm looking forward to your feedback on the utility of these stylesheets as
I've structured them for the Order, as that is the pattern I plan to follow
for the other document types.

I've also just announced this on ubl-dev to get some outside feedback.

Thanks much!

--
Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
Next: 3-day XSLT/XPath; 2-day XSL-FO - Birmingham, UK June 14,2004

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc