Mail Index message

Subject: RE: [ubl-fssc] FSSC Committee name change request

At 2003-03-01 00:15 -0800, Probert, Sue wrote:
>I really like the name 'forms' as it will attract the most interest, and
>hopefully accompanying support, by explaining exactly which aspect we are
>planning to address.

Good point, Sue ... this is valuable input from "outside XML and XSL" since
is my personal focus is inside that community.

You may not be aware, but the term "forms" is a bit overloaded in XML due
to the X-Forms efforts, so I had initially not considered it.

However, this committee of ours is more important *outside* the XML
community than inside the XML community, so I'm very willing to accept the
word "forms" will mean more to the eDocs and other committees since the
paper documents are all, indeed, forms in the traditional sense.

Perhaps, then:

   FPSC - Forms Presentation Subcommittee
   FLSC - Forms Layout Subcommittee

Any others?

................. Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on in-depth XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO
                              North America:      June 16-20, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-10-1              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc