ubl-hisc message

Subject: UNeDocs links

Hi folks,

I was asked to provide some links and background
information on UNeDocs and the like.

The main site for UNeDocs is
http://www.unece.org/etrades/unedocs/

On the site they have an interesting Web Services
-based sample (delta) service which provides an online
converter from a particular sample XML trade document
(I could not find a Schema but it appears to be the UNeDocs'
own XML format) to a pdf UNeDoc or an HTML version
which it e-mails to a user-supplied address.

The UK has a group SITPRO which runs a national UNeDocs
implementation project
 http://www.sitpro.org.uk/documents/unedocsuk.html
where a service is being developed to provide online input
to create WebElecTra XML documents and to present these
as UNeDocs. Best check with our Sue Probert or SITPRO
contacts mentioned on the site for further details about this
project.

The UNeDocs site notably hosts many of the codelists used
in EDIFACT EDI and, I believe, has an ongoing work in this
area.

Since I last looked at the site there seem to have been added
a few more Web Services providing various kinds of XML-based
conversions. Underlying these seems to be an XML format
/language being developed by UNeDocs for business documents.

The potential overlap with UBL's work is obvious and has been
pointed out as we have shown this interest in Gap-analysis.
The primary purpose of the analysis would be not so much to
look at the XML business document language but to look at the
eDocs from a presentation perspective in terms of UN Layout Keys.

All the best

Stephen Green