ubl-hisc message

Subject: Contract semantics in UBL input forms

Hello HISC,

Now that we're beginning to look at UBL forms input, here's a
paper from earlier this year that may be of interest:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/legalxml-econtracts/200403/msg00004.html

I'm not pointing to Jason Harrop's examples as indicative of what
we should be providing for UBL, but they do illustrate the idea of
legally significant text accompanying pure data input.  I suspect
(without having enough legal knowledge to know for sure) that
something along this line will eventually be needed to provide
online functionality for UBL forms equivalent what people get
today in the paper versions.

Jon