ubl-hisc message

Subject: Fwd: [ubl-dev] Neighbourly Implementation of UBL

HISC

Hi

I thought the attached might help to give more substance to my proposed use of ubl lite since it might be relevant already to the HISC and related work.

All the best

Steve

--- Begin Message ---
Greetings UBL-DEV

I'd like to propose a ubl-dev set of rules for the Neighbourly Implementation of UBL (NIU Rules, say).
I'd also like to propose the first (even if the only) rule which comes in two parts:
Implementers SHOULD implement at least the <<ubl lite>> profile and SHOULD NOT require that applications receiving their UBL messages implement any more than the <<ubl lite>> profile.
The 'ubl lite' is in brackets so that it MAY be substituted with a more context-specific profile if necessary to a specified trading context. Context modelers MAY then cosnider creating a 'lite' profile for their particular context or specifying one which is already defined.

A potential mechanism to specify a profile might be the add metadata to a specification or manifest with the code, say,
NIURule1    - which defaults the profile to ubl lite
or
NIURule1-<<profile>>  - where <<profile>> is the profile name or id
The mechanism is really just a suggestion.

All the best

Stephen Green

--- End Message ---