ubl-jplsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Setting the agenda for Hangzhou

Dear Jon Bosak,
Dear Tim McGrath,

In Hangzhou meeting, I would like to do the following agenda.

1. Report of JPLSC activities
(1) JPLSC activities
(2) Mapping study from Japanese major business document (ECALGA of JEITA) to
UBL

2. Japanese needs for additional business documents of UBL
As I said before, the major business document is ECALGA of JEITA in the
manufacturing domain in Japan.
ECALGA has been developed and published in December 2003. ECALGA is based on
XML and ebXML.
There are 51 (fifty one) business documents in ECALGA library. Some business
documents are used frequently in Japan, but some business documents are
seldom used in Japan. In the ECOM activity, we have researched what kind
of business documents are frequently used in Japan. As the results of the
research, we have found 10 business documents are frequently used in
Japanese marketplace.
We believe that these 10 business documents are necessary to do
e-business in Japan. We hope that UBL will develop these business documents
at the next version.
I will explain the necessary business documents for Japanese marketplace in
Hangzhou meeting.

3. Study of UBL Deployment strategies for Localization people
Localization SCs are promoting deployment of UBL.
We had better research or study for Localization SC how to deploy UBL in
their country. The thought or strategy of Localization SC to deploy UBL is
beneficial for not only Localization SC but also UBL related people.
My proposal as one of the agenda of Hangzhou meeting is Study of UBL
Deployment strategies like followings.
- Presentation of Deployment strategies for Localization people (each LSC)
- Discussion of Deployment strategies for Localization people
- Summary of Deployment strategies for Localization people
This agenda would be better to be done at the Localization SC's session or
group.

By the way, I cannot attend the tomorrow's Pacific TC call.

Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito
Yukinori Saito
Fuji Electric Information Service Co., Ltd. (FIS)
e-mail: saito-yukinori@fujielectric.co.jp
Tel: +81-3-5435-7333     Fax: +81-3-5435-7513