ubl-jplsc message

Subject: Re: [ubl-l10n] Re: [ubl-jplsc] Re: [ubl-l10n] Preparing the UBL 2.0 International Data Dictionary

Dear Jon Bosak,
Thank you very much for your reply.
I understand what you said.
We will wait for the correction version (UBL 2.0 Update Package).
Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito
ERP Research Corporation
e-mail: y.saito@erp.jp
Tel: +81-3-3432-1656  Fax: +81-3-5405-1302
----- Original Message -----
From: <jon.bosak@sun.com>
To: <y.saito@erp.jp>
Cc: <jon.bosak@sun.com>; <ubl-l10n@lists.oasis-open.org>;
<ubl-jplsc@lists.oasis-open.org>; <N.Itoh@otsuka-shokai.co.jp>;
<naitoh@is.oit.ac.jp>; <kueno@iea.att.ne.jp>;
<tetsuya_tashiro@justsystem.co.jp>
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 10:20 PM
Subject: Re: [ubl-l10n] Re: [ubl-jplsc] Re: [ubl-l10n] Preparing the UBL 2.0
International Data Dictionary

| We will expect the correction version (UBL 2.0 which has highlight
| to be revised) will be made and be submitted to us (UBL JPLSC).

We will begin coordinating this today.

| I have another question.
|
| What is the exact version number of UBL 2.0 Update Package?
|
| The file name of all of spreadsheets in UBL 2.0 Update Package is
| "2.0", for example: UBL-CommonLibrary-2.0. In case of IDD
| libraries, there is title in the top of spreadsheets. for example:
| UBL CommonLibrary 2.0.  There is no difference in file names and
| title of spreadsheets between the first UBL 2.0 and UBL 2.0 Update
| Package. Is this OK? I think this is troublesome, because we
| cannot distinguish the update version spreadsheets only by the
| file name or title of spreadsheets. I think the version number of
| update UBL 2.0 should be changed to distinguish the first UBL
| 2.0. For example, the update UBL 2.0 would change to UBL 2.01.

I understand your concern, but the Update Package does not create
a new version of UBL 2.0; rather, it applies a set of corrections
to 2.0.  (In terms of the OASIS TC process, the Update Package is
technically "UBL 2.0 Errata 01".)  The IDD translations made so
far are preliminary drafts to which we are now going to apply the
corrections contained in the Update Package.  This is why we have
not yet released the translations for an official public review --
that will come after we make the corrections.

To make it easy to apply the Update Package, the names of the
spreadsheet files had to be identical to the original names so
that simply unzipping the Update Package as described in the
directions would automatically install the corrected versions
without affecting the rest of an existing installation.  This is
possible because the changes to the spreadsheets have no
functional effect -- they only correct the documentation.

It's true that keeping the names the same may complicate version
tracking, but this was felt to be more of a concern for us as the
producers rather than an issue for users.  We will have to
exercise care in keeping these versions distinct.

Jon