Subject: [ubl-lcsc] Minutes of UBL Library Content SC Meeting/Disscussion on13th Nov 9:00am Pacific Time

Many thanks to David for providing these so promptly.  I think there is a law about doing a job too well - you might get stuck with it!

Minutes of UBL Library Content SC Discussion 13th Nov 9:00am Pacific Time

 - attendees Arofan Gregory Peter Yim Tim McGrath (Chair) David Lewis (Minutes) Marion Royal Lisa Seaburg Gunther Stuhec - agenda; (from email announcement) 1. Welcome from Chair and appointment of Secretary to take minutes 2. Memberships and subscription 3. Draft Work plan (comment, refinement and adoption) 4. Issue of Starter Kits. 5. Communication rules (use of lists, project reporting, etc..) 6. Teleconference schedule 7. Other Business 8. Next meeting.

- The Chair noted that there was not a quorum and this meeting held no official status.
- membership - Sally Chan of Boeing requested membership - put to email vote of the full TC, closed Mon eve - we are not aware of any objections, so we welcome Sally to the group. - starter kit - this will contain: - BIE catalog, spread sheet we had worked on - UBL/CBL core that Jay worked on at last meeting - readme file of instructions - reference structure (html) of xCBL3 catalog w/narrative (separate download) - uml class diagrams (order detail & packaging) - update (Lisa) - it's together, but not distributed - expect distribution via download via web page - 131k w/o UML diagrams or HTML files - must also update BIE catalog, couple other things - (ACTION: Lisa, if not released on the Web by Thu 11/15, plan to send via email) - communication rules - central repository using web - useful for coordination within and btwn sub-teams - suggestion: current BIE work in progress for each team - suggestion: weekly update of this current snapshot - suggestion (Peter): - use a yahoo groups-like service as staging/interrim are a - let editors (vinod, lisa, etc) pull from this to update website - discussion - recommendation - will roll forward w/email for now - review decision in two weeks - work teams may use subject headers on emails to identify themselves yet still allow group awareness.

- draft workplan - "UBL Library Content Sub-Committee Work Plan, 11/04/2001" - Tim would like to submit proposed work plan for adoption  - presentation of rationale behind it... - products - version 0.9 BIE, suited for use in demo, in prep for going forward into an OASIS process - exmaples of non-UBL (other schemas) and UBL schemas - candidate contexts to submit to context identification sc - candidate core components to submit to CEFACT CC group - working teams can continue work in new areas during review of areas that are ready for review - this will impact schedule of other UBL SCs (Naming and Design, Context, Tools & Techniques) - logistics - no quorum today, so will submit to email vote (ACTION: Tim)  - recommendation: each team to have librarian/co-ordinator to liaise contributions with Lisa - Marion Team 1 - Peter Team 2 - Gunther Team 3 - discussion of value of including PackageDetail - not much use of this to date - somewhat redundant - question of modeling, - question of how much of xCBL3 will get into UBL BEI - could pick up later when examining other vocabularies - perhaps the way it was done in xCBL3 won't add value to our vocabulary - (Arofan) was included to handle cases where order serves as shipping notice - decision: - Arofan to ensure we aren't missing important elements assuming we leave off packaging at this time (ACTION: Arofan) - discussion: what to do with summary? - recommendation: include with Header work - recommendation : do not address PackageDetail at this stage - team 1 picks up order summary - team 2 addresses item detail -> base item detail  - team 3 addresses item detail -> pricing detail and delivery detail   - meeting/meeting plan - suggestion (Tim): weekly calls as we develop our working plan - recommednation: regular weekly calls until further notice, 9am, tue (next 11/20 9am) - other business - Arofan: incorporating outcomes outcomes of internal C1 review of CBL3/lessons learn id/incorp - concern for hitting moving target - acceptable to include comments during scheduled review process - Marion: advised on the work of the UDEF group; gathering this week - attempting to get their latest work published - perhaps UDEF hierachical assignment of UIDs may make sense - particularly as they apply context - need more detail on UDEF - Marion has Ron Schultz presentation w/comparison, will po st (ACTION:Marion) - (Tim): similar issue w/naming conventions - do we adopt object/class/representation convention - recommendation: naming convention should come from Naming SC, not here - Tim: latest version of core components def released for comment - opportunity for this SC to feed back into that spec our experiences - perhaps too early - Peter: membership - suggest Tim reconfirm intent of membership to participate - (ACTION: Tim to contact all enrolled on distribution list to confirm) - Peter: might want to extend liason and public review periods - can do w/o affecting deliverable time-table - will give greater buy-in and improve quality - (ACTION: Tim can raise w/Liason committe/Jon to determine reasonable review period) - Peter: should drive use cases and adoption, necessary for an OASIS standard - overall process of adoption is larger UBL plan's responsibility - need for coordination of delivery p rocess between UBL to SCs - (ACTION: Tim to send note to jon to clarify how this will be done) - next meeting same time + 1 week - (ACTION: Tim to provide call details) - minutes - not an official meeting - (ACTION: Dave to send Tim minutes) (ACTION: Tim to arrange post) - homework by next meeting - download/get starter kit, get familiar - do mapping if possible - sub-teams should have initial discussion - identification problems/difficulties anticipated/experienced (ACTION: ALL)

meeting concluded at 10:15am Pacific time

fremantle  western australia 6160
phone: +618 93352228  fax: +618 93352142