Subject: [ubl-lcsc] FW: Need a free website for storing Core Components

Hello,

there is a further definition of Core Components from Todd Boyle under:

http://www.arapxml.net/GLcoreComponentsV091.htm

Are these core components interesting for us?

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Boyle [mailto:tboyle@rosehill.net]
Sent: Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2001 00:54
To: ebtwg-bim@lists.ebtwg.org; ebtwg-bcp@lists.ebtwg.org

Is anybody aware of a website, anyplace, functioning as a free
ebXML registry/repository?   Or anything remotely resembling
a repository for core components?

I am aware of commercial products at
http://www.ebxml.org/implementations/index.htm

But surely, it can't be that complicated to have a few tables with
MySQL on a web page, with PHP or Zope.  This could be lifted
straight out of the Access database built around October 2000
by APACS, containing then-draft components, and a whole
parent/child tables for components and their children elements,
contexts etc. etc.

A simple reg/rep webservice with an open interface, would be very
interesting.  I know this is an oversimplification but it is quite possible
to stack the CCT types and the CCT Content models/supplementary
types in table 6.1 and 6.2 of the draft spec.  This gives you a flat view of
all the components.  Anyway that's what I did at
http://www.arapxml.net/GLcoreComponentsV091.htm

Surely it cannot harm if we develop core components in the
years prior to the eventual, official core components. That's
better than completely proprietary XML schemes, isnt it?
And it increases familiarity and adoption of a CC approach.

Todd
Todd Boyle CPA  9745-128th Ave NE  Kirkland WA
tboyle@rosehill.net  425-827-3107  website www.gldialtone.com
employer www.netaccount.com project www.arapxml.net