Subject: [ubl-lcsc] Was.. Role Modeling in UBL and joined with Library ContentOrderHeader including 'types'

Following from Bill Burcham's position paper and the requirement for
Library Content to describe the 'types' for its associations, I have
updated the OrderHeader sample our team worked on last week to reflect
what i think is the merging of these two ideas.

It appears that what i had assumed was...

    UML objects = BIE entities= XML elements and XML types = roles of
BIE entities,

should, in fact, be

    UML objects = BIE entities = XML types and XML elements = roles of
BIE entities.

What this means is that the 'roles' (as noted in the "Contains UBL BIEs"
column of our spreadsheet) define the XML element and hence their tagnames.

I hope the following sample of the Library Content BIE spreadsheet and
its corresponding UML Class Diagram make this concept a bit clearer.

I encourage everyone to review this material (and comment as necessary)
as soon as possible, so we can apply these concepts to the Library
content we are currently developing.

fremantle  western australia 6160
phone: +618 93352228  fax: +618 93352142

GIF image

UBL_Library_v0.4_Tim_startheader version2.xls