Subject: [ubl-lcsc] Re: Fwd: UBL and xNAL: is there/should there be aconnection?

as you are aware, our initial work is to be based on xCBL3.0 so that
will determine the flavour of our "Name and Address" BIEs.  however, as
CIQ and UBL are both aiming to achieve ebXML compliance, we are both
moving in the same  direction.  This may mean we are aligned with CIQ at
the "Tagname" level, or maybe at the BIE level or maybe at the Core
Component level.  It will depend on  how close the CIQ team feel we are.
 my personal view is that it is more likely we shall be BIE aligned.
 that is you will be able to identify a xCIL element with its
corresponding UBL BIE.

The plan is that the CIQ people will review our draft BIEs and propose
modifications to align it with  xCIL.

we have been in regular contac with the CIQ Chair  about this.

Eve L. Maler wrote:

> Oops!  I can't post to ubl-lcsc because I'm not on it.  Can you help
> me with the query below?  Thanks,
>
>         Eve
>
>> Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 09:58:53 -0500
>> To: ubl-lcsc@lists.oasis-open.org
>> From: "Eve L. Maler" <eve.maler@sun.com>
>> Subject: UBL and xNAL: is there/should there be a connection?
>> Cc: eve.maler@sun.com
>>
>> I was asked whether UBL will make any reference to the xNAL
>> (Extensible Name and Address Language) or the xCIL (Extensible
>> Customer Information Language) under development at OASIS as part of
>> the Customer Information Quality TC.  Is this something the LCSC has
>> considered?  Here is the link to the CIQ TC:
>>
>>   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ciq/
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>         Eve
>

> --
> Eve Maler                                    +1 781 442 3190
> Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center   eve.maler @ sun.com
>
> .

fremantle  western australia 6160
phone: +618 93352228  fax: +618 93352142