Subject: [ubl-lcsc] EWG BNCC BCC list (wip)

Hi All

Please understand that the attached is very much work in progress! We, the
EWG T8 BNCC project team, are working on this in parallel to UBL and whilst
it would have undoubtedly been great if the CC library had already all been
completed before our UBL work, the present situation does allow us to
compare the experiences of these two exercises and to, hopefully, ensure
that the work continues in a synergenic fashion.

The contents of the attached have come from the UN/EDIFACT data elements
directory, as a starting point, to which the ebXML CC TS naming convention
has been applied. This application has to this point in the game been rather
mechanistically employed and there is much more to do especially to assess
the queries raised, solve the questions and to apply business intelligence
heads to add real world semantic clarity.

BTW I do think Mike A was absolutely right when he pointed out that it is
key to complete the definition first and to derive the name later. In the
UBL matrix there are still a number of names that don't match 100% with the
definitions or vice versa. Again these are aspects of implentation of the
CCTS which we just need to discuss together and to come to an agreement on.

regards

Sue
 <<BCC Catalog 070202.xls>>
Sue Probert
Senior Director, Document Standards, Commerce One Labs
Commerce One
Tel: +44 1332 342080
email: sue.probert@commerceone.com

BCC Catalog 070202.xls