Subject: [ubl-lcsc] Global attributes and publishing markup

Dear LC SC,

At last week's NDR SC telecon I took actions to ask for feedback from
your group on two matters.  Would it be possible for you to spend a few
minutes on these in your call this week and get back to us with the
results?  If you would like further background, the meeting minutes in
which these items arose are here:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200204/msg00048.html

*Global attributes:

Gunther has proposed that a small group of XML attributes should appear
on every element: uid, uidRef, uidRefs, and xs:language.  Effectively,
these act as "common" properties shared by all object classes.  You can
find the description of these four in Section 6.2 of the Elements vs.
Attributes paper:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ndrsc/pos/draft-stuhec-elemvsattrib-03.zip

First, does your methodology account for identifying "common" properties
such as these?  The spreadsheet would need to say (e.g., though a flag)
that the property is truly global (that is, it must be applied to *all*
object classes), and would need to provide a definition of the property
that could safely be used identically in building all necessary
documentation.

Second, can you please consider the four common properties proposed by
Gunther and confirm whether you want them?  (That is, can you add them
to your spreadsheet somehow if you want them, and reject them explicitly
if not?)

*Publishing markup:

Can you supply examples of the sorts of generic "publishing structures"
you might need, such as bold text, paragraphs, lists, etc.?  We realize
that this is likely to come up in force only when you get to catalogs.
But if we get some input now, we can start to determine whether we can
just reuse an existing vocabulary such as XHTML for such purposes, or
whether something special-purpose will have to be built.  This will have
an impact on our recommendations for schema modularity.

Thanks very much for your attention to these requests.

	Eve