Subject: RE: [ubl-lcsc] [Order Response]Re: Getting started on Order Respo nse

Tim,
page 17-21 of the eBTWG BP worksheet I sent our few weeks ago has several diagrams showing the collaboration of the parties and the documents (transactions) exchanged between the parties.  Your diagram is fine the way it is.  To represent the Boeing procurement process, please see my diagram attached.  Either diagram is just an example of the many ways an Order Acknowledgement document used in a business process, and we will not cover them all.

I called ATA (Air Transport Association) this morning to discuss "What is the Order Acknowledgment used for?"  In my previous email, see below, we checked for certain data in the PO and then decide whether to process it or not.  If we process it, we send out an acknowledgement, otherwise we reject.  These data are not really the content of the Purchase Order.  So the use of Order Acknowledgement in Boeing's procurement process is for a functional purpose, it is acknowledging the receiving of the PO transmition, nothing more.

Now, with more understanding of the purpose of an Order Acknowledgment, where do we go from here?  I think we need to define what we want the Order Response document do and go from there.

Thanks,
Sally Chan

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim McGrath [mailto:tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 11:48 PM
To: Chan, Sally M
Cc: 'Michael Adcock'; ubl-lcsc@lists.oasis-open.org

following our discussion yesterday, i have attempted a sequence digram of the messages we are discussing (see attached).  i have attempted to show that there are a set of exchanges prior to the seller's acknowledgement (ie acceptence or rejection of  the order) which cover the negotiation of amendments prior to contract.  to keep it simple i am assuming that before this any modifications cause a new order to be created. (a la boeing)

once an order has been accepted then we can have order changes and order cancellations.

let me know if this makes sense to you.

the document we are talking about as our next schema is the 'Acknowledge Order' document - which we will call Order Response.

Chan, Sally M wrote:
1238DC70E16C9B4797E000A2C5782E850113A6E0@xch-knt-22.nw.nos.boeing.com type="cite">
The Order Acknowledgement is used to confirm some PO information ( i.e.
supplier code, total quantities ordered, total amount ) are correct and can
be processed downstream. If incorrect information found, system will send a
Rejection to the PO submitted. Order Acknowledgement is sent from Buyer to
Seller.

The Order Exception (order change) is used to inform the customer, airlines,
about changes to their PO submitted (i.e. part number replacement,
quantities increased/decreased, unit of measure changes, schedule ship date
changes, and unit price changes). Order Exception is sent from Seller to
Buyer. If Buyer decided to make changes to the original PO, Buyer will
submit a new PO, not an Order Exception.

Thanks,
Sally Chan