Subject: RE: UBL 5/22/2002: [ubl-lcsc] [Order Response] Order Response in theBusiness Process

Thanks for taking time to examine my proposal Monica.  I'll start w/ a blurb
on how to read the diagram, then I'll address your first two points.

Those rounded boxes are "states" -- each denotes when an object satisfies
some condition.  The "flags" denote document transmission.  The "outie" flag
is the send side, and the "innie" flag is the receive side.  Dashed lines
denote object/document flow and solid lines denote control flow.  Time flows
from top to bottom.  Start states are solid circles, end states are solid
circles ringed in another circle.

To the first question: "Seller Requested Revision" is a state entered after
the Seller transmits an OrderException to the Buyer.  "Seller Requested
Revision" is not a process -- it's a state reached by the Seller process
after transmission of the OrderException.  The realization (by the Seller)
that revision was required was made in the decision diamond (on Seller)
labeled "Revision Required?".

To the second question: same idea... "Buyer Requested Rev" is not a process,
but a state achieved by the Buyer after transmission (see the previous
"outie" flag) of the OrderChange document to the Seller.

Does that make sense?  I haven't addressed your points about parallelizing
buyer and seller order change since I think we're still pretty far off a
common understanding of what the model says.  Once we close that gap, I'd be
happy to give opinions about the substance of the model from a business
perspective.

Regards,
Bill