Subject: [ubl-lcsc] Action Item - Recommendation X12 CSH Segment Row 26

  The Header Sale Condition CSH segment in X12 is used 'to specify general
conditions or requirements of sale'. *  The segment includes several different
pieces of possible information.  It uses a set are of codes and identifiers
to allow/disallow: partial shipments, substitute items, shipment containers
sizes, etc.. There are several other functions within this segment also.

Recommendation:
  I recommend that we not include this specific information in our Order.  This
segment is not recommended for usage by the Electronics Industry Data Exchange
(EIDX).  I do not know of Industry groups that do recommend it's usage.  In
our model ( Order, Order Response, Suggested Order - Response) if the original
Order is rejected, and a Suggested Order sent the seller would send possible
substitutions, partial ship, other information, back to the buyer for approval.
If we follow the 80 - 20 rule, I think this information's should be excluded.

  I am open to further questions on the segments usage, or discussion on
inclusion of this information in our order.

* From X12 Standards

Cheers,
Bill

	  ______