Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] ISSUE: Nesting and Containership within Schema

(Sorry to jump into this thread so late...  I've been out of the office.)

I don't know of a way to enforce this kind of constraint using XSD
alone; I think we'd have to resort to something like Schematron, or
prose, for it.

	Eve

CHIUSANO, Joseph wrote:
> Also, in the schema you can enforce that if none of the elements within
> a container appear (if they are all optional), then the container
> (wrapper) element will not appear.  This would prevent empty container
> elements if we didn't want to have them.

Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 883 5917
XML Web Services / Industry Initiatives      eve.maler @ sun.com