Subject: [ubl-lcsc] ASN.1 specification of UBL

Herewith the document that I introduced to you today.  I would
particularly welcome comments from the high level modellers and context
methodology group (Tim?, Eve?) on the placement of the ASN.1
extensibility ellipses.  This is something that should be determined in
the high-level logical model, but never is!

(The ellipses are essential for compact binary encodings, as they
indicate where "foreign" material can be inserted and has to be
length-delimited.  For XML encodings it is possible to assume their
presence everywhere, but that is inefficient, and reduces the ability of
validators to diagnose erroneous documents.)

The yellow highlighting will be addressed and removed as soon as the
main modelling work becomes stable.

John L

--
   Prof John Larmouth