Subject: [ubl-lcsc] Baseline for Model and Perl Script

Title: Message
Gunther: please find attached a zip file I created by pulling the content (model) from:

    Friday/Saturday (*contains the content (model) we want*): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-lcsc/200301/msg00074.html

And pulling the Perl script from:

    Last Thursday (*contains a Perl script*): http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-lcsc/200301/msg00059.html

The root directory of the zip contains the good script, the model spreadsheets and the handcrafted schemas.

I've included the (bad) Friday Perl script under the folder 'BAD-LONG-TAGS-SCRIPT'.  I "diff"ed the Thursday (good) script w/ the Friday (bad) one. The output is in 'perl-script-diffs.txt'.

To summarize the changes I believe we agreed to:

1. Add Ken's namespace stuff to the perl/xml configuration file
2. Change the script to drop "Details" from the "DetailsType" suffix currently being added to complex type names
3. Generate the schemas (using the Thursday script and the Friday model input), sanity check them, and publish to this list

Thanks for making these changes Gunther.  I understand how distastasteful the "global element" changes are to you -- compounded by the fact that you actually have to hack the offending script!  As usually you're showing exceptional selflessness.  Unfortunately, you're gonna have to wait for Don X. to make the rounds before he can return to you.  Hee haw!

Bill Burcham
Sr. Software Architect, Standards and Applied Technology
Sterling Commerce, Inc.
469.524.2164
bill_burcham@stercomm.com