Subject: [ubl-lcsc] Stylesheet tests fine with changes noted earlier; samplePDF results attached

Good evening, folks,

I think I can pronounce the schemas "sane" from my stylesheet perspective,
modulo the still outstanding issues of the target namespace and default
namespace URI cited in earlier messages.

I mocked up a couple of test instances and modified my stylesheets
accordingly and validated them with my edited schemas from earlier today:
XML and PDF files are attached and you'll see that I don't have a lot of
data in the instances.  I got the data values from the 0p65 example posted
by Tim.

I edited my local copy of the Order schema according to my message posted
earlier:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-lcsc/200301/msg00113.html

I can see Dave Carlson's point regarding the children of the document
element still appearing to have the document type built into the element
type names cited in:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-lcsc/200301/msg00119.html

The issue Dave cites isn't a big change for me, so I can go either way, but
he is right about the decision rippling through the stylesheets.  I don't
see that it really hurts having the document type repeated in the name of a
top-level element type, though it would certainly be more consistent if the
element type names were shorter for children of the document element.

So I guess from my perspective, all I need are the repairs in the
<xsd:schema> document elements cited above, the mappings from Sue and Jean
for the layout field contents, and then more and more sample data so I can
exercise other fields of the output forms.

I've only worked on Order tonight, undoing the changes earlier this week
for the long element type names ... and I've only done a few of the output
fields.  I did recover my multi-page output as shown in the second
example.  I'll spend the next while on some documentation (for Order) so
people will understand how the formatting specifications (as
specifications) work.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

................... Ken

p.s. Lisa, I'll be preparing more snapshots of the fs/ directory as I get
more sample data and mapping information ... I'll keep sending you the
latest and you can replace all the files in the fs/ directory with the
unzipped contents of what I send to you.

Upcoming hands-on in-depth   Europe:         February 17-21, 2003
XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO     North America:      June 16-20, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-10-1              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc