Subject: [ubl-lcsc] Re: Draft mapping for stylesheets

See responses in line....

G. Ken Holman wrote:

> At 2003-01-30 14:59 +0800, Tim McGrath wrote:
>
>> As discussed I have attempted to map the 0p70 elements to your layout
>> forms.
>

> Thank you!
>
>> Please find attached the initial results.  Rather than fax the
>> handwritten forms, I updated your HTML notes - i hope that is OK for
>> you.
>

> Perfect, Tim ... that is better than a fax.  Some have had problems
> with the large diagnostic files on their machines of limited memory
> (I've documented a warning about the very large diagnostic files), but
> from what I can tell it seems that you were able to use them.
>
> BTW, for those with limited memory on their machines the text-based
> diagnostic files (e.g. 220order0.key.rpt.txt) can be read by a simple
> text editor without crashing your machine while the HTML-based
> diagnostic files (e.g. 220order0.key.rpt.html) could very well crash
> your session.  If you can use the HTML, though, then clicking on the
> XPath expressions in the HTML report from an IE browser will copy the
> XPath address to the clipboard for pasting into your documentation.
>
> By documenting the fields formally with the XPath expressions and
> accompanying text, I'm anticipating this will be unambiguous ... I'm
> looking forward to going through what you've sent, Tim.
>
> It would be nice if the input from all members of the team could (1)
> indicate their interpretations of the XPath addresses for the fields,
> and (2) feed back to me the efficiency of specifying their needs using
> the methods that I've created and provided here (this is the first
> time I've worked with a team in this fashion and only guessed at what
> would be useful tools).

i must confess to onyl editing the HTML files and not the click through
XPath - i manually edited the path names - so there may be inconsistencies.

>> 1. In building the Invoice and Despatch Advice, I revisited the Order
>> form and updated some fields there as well.  I also suspect that the
>> documentation needs updated since the last 'booger' release :-[
>

> Probably ... I was reluctant to invest a lot in the documentation
> before the schemas were finalized.

I guess we can fix these up prior to the supplemental release (Feb
10th).  If you haven't the time maybe we can do this via QA?

>> 2. We appear to be missing (or at least ambiguosuly defined) some
>> components of the Despatch Advice. In particular the Vessel/flight No
>> - for which i could find not meaningful equivalent. [[NB This should
>> be logged somewhere in the 'issues' list ]]
>

> Is this an "issue" for me, or for LCSC or NDRSC?

Sorry, i was unclear - this is an LC issue.

>> 3. w.r.t. the Invoice. - the form has no places for
>> allowances/charges and tax details.  I suspect we should adopt common
>> business practice and put these under the list of Items, using the
>> Description and Amount columns.  However this makes the mapping rules
>> quite tricky - so i have ignored them in this first draft.
>

> Well ... use your imagination and tell me what you want to see, and
> I'll let you know if they are too tricky or not.

OK I will send my ideas in the enxt suite of mappings.

>> Let me know if this is suitable and i will carry on with the other
>> forms.
>

> I haven't delved deep into them yet, but I will let you know.
>
> At 2003-01-30 15:05 +0800, Tim McGrath wrote:
>
>> 4. In cases of line extension of prices and summary totals, we do not
>> want to have these calculated.  The XML documents will carry these
>> totals and we should use these.
>

> Really?  I saw them in 0p65 but I couldn't recognize them in 0p70 so I
> did the calculations.  Jean also thought at one point that they might
> be calculated, but wasn't sure.  I'll look through your submission and
> make the appropriate changes to use the values as given.
>
>> Perhaps you may wish to calculate and compare them then alert of
>> differences, but it isn't safe to assume they must match.  Business
>> rules always follow the transmitted totals.
>

> Then I won't flag discrepancies.  I'll take what I receive as gospel
> and blindly display the values.

thanks - you should find the appropriate mappings now.

>> 5. Apart from a few typos on my behalf, i had to invent and use
>> qualifiers for the Invoice and Despatch Advice elements.  I opted for
>> 'in' and 'da'.  Am i correct in doing this?
>

> Yes, actually the diagnostic files already give you the prefixes that
> I am assuming in my stylesheets (although prefixes are arbitrary,
> using the ones in the diagnostic files will be consistent with my
> stylesheet files):
>
> T:\ssdebug\380inv\test>head 380inv0.key.rpt.txt
> 1   /in:Invoice/cat:ID
> 1.1 /in:Invoice/cat:ID/@language
> 1.2 /in:Invoice/cat:ID/@schemeAgencyID
> 1.3 /in:Invoice/cat:ID/@schemeAgencySchemeAgencyID
> 1.4 /in:Invoice/cat:ID/@schemeAgencySchemeID
> 1.5 /in:Invoice/cat:ID/@schemeDataURI
> 1.6 /in:Invoice/cat:ID/@schemeID
> 1.7 /in:Invoice/cat:ID/@schemeURI
> 1.8 /in:Invoice/cat:ID/@schemeVersionID
> 1.9 /in:Invoice/cat:ID/@UID
>
> T:\ssdebug\380inv\test>cd ..\..\351dsadv\test
>
> T:\ssdebug\351dsadv\test>head 351dsadv0.key.rpt.txt
> 1   /da:DespatchAdvice/cat:ID
> 1.1 /da:DespatchAdvice/cat:ID/@language
> 1.2 /da:DespatchAdvice/cat:ID/@schemeAgencyID
> 1.3 /da:DespatchAdvice/cat:ID/@schemeAgencySchemeAgencyID
> 1.4 /da:DespatchAdvice/cat:ID/@schemeAgencySchemeID
> 1.5 /da:DespatchAdvice/cat:ID/@schemeDataURI
> 1.6 /da:DespatchAdvice/cat:ID/@schemeID
> 1.7 /da:DespatchAdvice/cat:ID/@schemeURI
> 1.8 /da:DespatchAdvice/cat:ID/@schemeVersionID
> 1.9 /da:DespatchAdvice/cat:ID/@UID
>
> T:\ssdebug\351dsadv\test>
>
> Thanks again, Tim ... I'm looking forward to working with your input
> and will report back on the use of your information.
>
> ...................... Ken
>

> --
> Upcoming hands-on in-depth   Europe:         February 17-21, 2003
> XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO     North America:      June 16-20, 2003
>
> G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
> Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
> Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
> ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
> ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
> ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
> ISBN 1-894049-10-1              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
> Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc

fremantle  western australia 6160
phone: +618 93352228  fax: +618 93352142