Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] Re: Customizing UBL

Tim,

Bear in mind that "TextType" is also an explicitly defined UBL type (in the
CoreComponents package).  In principle, this type can be restricted or extended
in a customized schema.  It's just another complexType definition.  See the UML
diagram of String type core components used in the schemas (where the "Type"
suffix is omitted in the class names).

http://oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/lcsc/0p70/uml/cct/CoreComponentTypes_Strin
g.gif

However, I believe that it is not intended for users to customize the core
component types.  But XSD does not prevent it.

Cheers,
  Dave

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim McGrath" <tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au>

1. you state that 'UBL uses explicit type defeintions for all elements'
(page 3).  yet when i look at a schema i see things like 'Street' as a
'TextType'.  did you mean each element should have its own type e.g.
'Street' should be 'StreetType'?  In your example of refinement you show
'Address' being restricted.  'Address' is an aggregate and therefore a
complexType with its own 'AddressType'.  What if I wanted to restrict
'Street'?  Can i do that?