Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] Notes on Packaging 0p70 Supplement

At 2003-02-09 14:48 -0500, marion.royal@gsa.gov wrote:
>3. The sample instance files used by Ken in the /0P70/fs/ will be
>duplicates of the samples rather than references to /0P70/xml in order to
>keep /0P70/fs as an independent file structure.  All samples in the 0p70
>Supplement release will be frozen.  However, work on the independent "fs"
>file structure may continue in the FSSC workspace on the UBL website.  The
>filenames in the /0P70/fs structure may or may not be consistent with those
>found in the /0P70/xml directory.

Actually, I can now preserve the XML file names, so the duplicates that are
in the stylesheet ZIP in the FS directory will carry identical file
names.  Note the files are not in the clear in the FS directory; the clear
files in the FS directory are the formatting specifications and example
formatted results.  The example XSLT stylesheets and the XML files will be
in the FS zip referenced (recursively) in the FS directory.

>4. Naming conventions are not yet finalized, but my recommendations are, by
>example:
>/0P70/xml/OfficeOrdInst.xml
>/0P70/xml/OfficeDespAdvInst.xml
>/0P70/xml/OfficeOrderRespSimInst.xml
>/0P70/xml/JoineryOrdInst.xml
>/0P70/xml/JoineryDespAdvInst.xml
>/0P70/xml/JoineryOrdRespComInst.xml

I prefer camel case as above better than either dashes or underscores.  I
need the definitive final validated versions of the instances as soon as
they are decided so I can rebuild my entire FS environment using the
correct filenames and displayed results in the example PDFs.

Note that in the FS directory the sample PDFs are keyed: a particular
instance file is used with a particular stylesheet for the PDF
example.  The environment will, however, produce every possible result:
running each document type's stylesheet with every instance of that
document type.

The stylesheets are designed to reject instances of other document types,
say, an Order stylesheet with an Order Response instance, based on the
fully qualified document element of the instance.

There are no restrictions to running, say, the Office Order stylesheet with
the Joinery Order instance, since they are both of the same Order document
type.

Finally, the FS directory will continue to have the UN layouts and PDF
examples, though for many of them the instances will not be processed, they
will only be examples of different layouts accomplished through
stylesheets.  As the FSSC work continues, these will be fleshed out in the
FSSC directory.

.......................... Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on in-depth   Europe:         February 17-21, 2003
XSLT/XPath and/or XSL-FO     North America:      June 16-20, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-10-1              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc