Subject: Minutes from Tuesdays Meeting

All,
  Here are the minutes from this weeks meeting.  Please let me know if
there
are any corrections or ommisions.

Thanks,
Bill
Title: UBL LCSC Meeting Minutes

UBL LCSC Minutes

Tuesday - 18 March 2003

Attendees: Tim McGrath, Lisa Seaburg, Marion Royal, Bill Meadows, Monica Martin, Jack Gager, Sue Probert, Anne Hendry, and Jon Bosak.

1. Welcome and appointment of secretary to take minutes. - Anne will take minutes.

2. Acceptance of previous minutes - We did not have a quorum, therefore this item was postponed.

Open action items:

20030304-04: Tim to review HL7 comments - In Proccess.

20030311-01: Lisa to talk to NDR team to identify NDR-specific comments. - In proccess.

20030311-02: Lisa to put LCSC schedule on agenda for tomorrow's NDR meeting. - In proccess.

20030311-03: Bill to forward comments to Anne until OASIS server is accessible. - Done.

20030311-04: Lisa will send latest draft of NDR document to list. - In proccess.

20030311-05: Lisa will send CodeList Rules and CountryCode and CurrencyCode to list. - Done, except for CurrencyCode. Open for comments. Codelist will be standalone - not part of NDR doc. Australia gov has asked Tim to come and present to them on codelists.

20030311-06: Lisa/Tim to investigate impact of OASIS move to Kavi. - Done. Impact appears to be significant - see below.

3. Work Plan for 1p00 release.

NOTE: There are only 4 weeks between now and the review cutoff date.

The revised schedule has now been posted. It is available at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-lcsc/200303/msg00005.html.

  • Analysis report (Sue)
  • A lot of work was done on this but there are no final results yet. Working with Transport and Payment. CC harmonization was addressed last week, helped by having the CC Spec and 2-3 other main contributions. Expect to work during the summer to come out with a harmonized list. Sue will put together a project plan / outline of timeframe/schedule, since LCSC needs to know if and when a deliverable can be expected in order to know what to build into the next release.

  • Modeling report (Mike)
  • Mike is uavailable.

  • QA Team Report (Marion)

    We are now 4 weeks out from close of review. The next two weeks would be good for a joint call to put on the table issues that need debate at F2F.

    The QA team is making good progress on the comments.

    Since methodology work is hard to do in isolation, we probably won't get far on that before F2F, but should have a discussion paper to move this ahead.

  • Tools
  • We have a long-term strategy for tools, but not a short-term strategy. Tim asseverated the need for resources to work on tools and attention to be given to this area. Jon mentioned the possibility of coordinating the implemenation in a separate SC and that Chee-Kai may be interested in helping with this. It would be useful to step back and look at the tools from a broader perspective.

    Sue reminded the team about supporting the development of tools that would allow trading partners to set up test instances, as they can in EDI today. Tim also mentioned the need for tools for managing UBL instances (creating, viewing through forms, developing stylesheets for importing as well as display). Jon noted that we have been focusing on developing tools and techniques for our internal design work, and if we now need to focus on tools for external support, this may tie in nicely with Formatting.

It was also noted that the best QA testing is attained from sample instance development, so we need to develop the methodology to more easily build these.

Bill mentioned that Mike A. took an AI at the last F2F to write up issues found during sample instance development, so those issues should be made available. Bill will publish his list and send Mike email asking him to do the same.

4. Other business

Tim mentioned that there is an Australian ebXML Registry project underway, and they have asked for a UBL presentation for their POC, which he will be giving.

Update on UN/CEFACT:

On the LCSC side, there was a good meeting with TBG1. Procurement/Purchasing and Management are now combined into one group called Suppy Chain. we received some good feedback during the meeting.

A key thing to note is that they came away with assurance that we'd pay close attention to their input and we have invited them to help us out.

Members of ATG2 are now invited to participate in phone UBL meetings and the F2F in London. This will keep NDR open a little longer. Lisa will coordinate with Mark. Tim will resolve technical issue with OASIS membership - may not be as easy as offering to be observers.

There was discussion on local/global. We should get this question agreed before freezing on 1p00. This will make long-term work much easier. The impact of schedule on LCSC, not significant, but the effect of this is that NDR is popped back into LCSC timeframe. This is advantage to all. We may end up using the July meeting to resolve any remaining issues in this area.

Jon noted that it's been very helpful when conversing with other groups to point them to the package on the web site - it's specific and clear. There are docs, uml, data models, etc. All questions were answered by something in the 0p70 delivery.

1p00 work item:

Tim stated that for 1p00 he would like to see at least a framework laid for extensiohn methodology/customization. Sue concurred on the need to have a methodology to use ubl, as starting point. Although we don't need a compelte extension methodology solution for 1p00, we need a strategy for it that is clear. Mike is working on requirements to bring this to the table with the CM group.

Sue reiterated that CC harmonization is also key and it should be possible to produce that work by 1p00.

OASIS membership system (Kavi):

The OASIS web site is unstable. Archives are not currently available. We have not received word on how long the system will be in this state.

Kavi is db-driven membership system, so even if they get back archives/ubl, since html files may not be kept as html files we don't know if we may need to search through archvies to get at previous links.

Kavi takes over maintenance of lists. Anyone must be on OASIS membership list. OASIS web team is using original email address, and new system will only send things to your old address until you send an update to OASIS. Tim, Jon, and Lisa will go through old lists and figure out who should be added/updated. It looks likethe major lists are ok, but we should wait for a couple of days and send test messages to others, like ubl-comment.

Kavi takes over maintenance of lists. Anyone must be on OASIS membership list. OASIS web team is using original email address, and new system will only send things to your old address until you send an update to OASIS. Tim, Jon, and Lisa will go through old lists and figure out who should be added/updated. It looks likethe major lists are ok, but we should wait for a couple of days and send test messages to others, like ubl-comment.

How to make changes to web site? Only chairs and secretaries have edit access. Jon will create ad-hoc list with people needing to edit.

QA call - Marion will send new phone number for Friday QA call.

Next call Joint meeting next Wednesday? Lisa send email to Mark to ask about this. Marion will chair next meeting. Sue and Mike will be in transit.

Action Items

20030304-04: Tim to review HL7 comments

20030311-01: Lisa to talk to NDR team to identify NDR-specific comments

20030311-02: Lisa will review LCSC schedule with NDR at next NDR meeting.

20030311-04: Lisa will send latest draft of NDR document to list.

20030311-05: Lisa will send CurrencyCode to list.

20030318-01: Sue put together a project plan / schedule for analysis deliverables.

20030318-02: Tim touch base with Chee-Kai on possibly helping in the tools area.

20030318-03: Bill publish his list of sample instance issues.

20030318-04: Bill contact Mike to post his sample issues list.

20030318-05: Lisa coordinate ATG2 participation with Mark.

20030318-06: Mike A. get draft of methodology discussion paper out for next meeting.

20030318-07: Lisa check with NDR if joint meeting is ok for next week.

20030318-08: Jon create ad-hoc list for communication of OASIS status.

20030318-09: Tim, Lisa, Jon go through mail lists to find who should be updated in the OASIS db for alias membership.

Next Meetings

There will be a QA call on Friday 8-10am PST.

LCSC To be announced (Regular or Wed with NDR)

JPEG image