Subject: Re: [ubl-ttsc] RE: [ubl-ndrsc] Naming length and truncation rules

>>is that we are modelling our libraries not by confusing spreadsheets
>>and will get UBL-based XML schemas directly. I guess we should using
>>the EDIFIX tool instead of Excel.
It's not clear to me why spreadsheets are confusing.
Is this going to be a "I think it is confusing and so let's
change" proposal, or is there some more objective figures
to support that it's confusing?

Right now a lot of work and modelling has been done by LCSC
based on spreadsheet.  There're comments coming in referring
to problems with the UBL models etc, but so far there's only
1 specific comment pertaining to the use of Excel. And that
wasn't referring to Excel being confusing.

>>and will get UBL-based XML schemas directly. I guess we should using
>>the EDIFIX tool instead of Excel. That is a good
>>idea. I hope Michael Dill makes as a very good offer.

If the tool is useful, it could be a nice supplement for
interested parties.  But to say it'll become the one and
only standard tool for future works might invalidate a lot
of work already done up to 0p70 using spreadsheet.

I hope people can think through carefully the idea, as I cannot
attend F2F.

Best Regards,
Chin Chee-Kai
SoftML