Subject: Re: UBL-C

email we discussed.

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:00:42 -0500
From: pankaj.patel@convergys.com
To: Bill Meadows <Bill.Meadows@Sun.COM>
Cc: tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au, dennis.morin@convergys.com

Bill,
Thanks again for your response.
It seems that OASIS web-site is having access problems today/now so
I could not access the url that you have listed for the bylaws of the WG.
I will check it out later.

I understand need for Convergys to become member of OASIS/UBL WG
in order to attend meetings/contribute. I am working on making the case
for Convergys to become member of OASIS and your email (view of the
WG on Convergys thoughts/points) helps part of the case.

However, based my experience with other standards groups, having a guest
speaker
(for one WG meeting) should be at the discretion of the WG chair. Having an
invitation
from you/WG Chair to attend as a guest (or SME) in the BSS/OSS Standards
space (on a
WG conf. call for an hour with Convergys contributions) would go long ways
(allows for validation
and judging level of acceptance of Convergys thought leadership) for me to
make a stronger case
for joining the organization.

Given that WG thinks of highly of what we have provided so far, do you see
this (attend as guest)
as a possibility in next WG Conf. Call?

Please let me know if this will work or not.
Regards,
Pankaj

                      Bill Meadows
                      <Bill.Meadows@Sun        To:       Pankaj
Patel/CIMG/CVG@CVG
                      .COM>                    cc:
tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au
                      03/21/2003 06:30
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      Bill Meadows

Hi Pankaj,
  Sorry for they delay in replying.  The conference calls are limited to
members.  See http://oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/lcsc/.  We would be
happy to have Convergys join Oasis and UBL.  I think you can contribute
a lot to the process.
  The discussion around your comments have been very positive.  I think
everyone
agrees that UBL needs to expand to include services.  As far as UBL-C, it
would
probably be considered an extension.  The Context Methodology group within
UBL is in the process of defining how specific industries will modify UBL
documents for industry specific needs and maintain UBL compliance.  This
would
be another good place for Convergys to participate if you are willing to
join
the Oasis process.

Cheers,
Bill

> Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 13:52:11 -0500
> From: pankaj.patel@convergys.com
> Subject: Re: UBL-C
> To: Bill Meadows <Bill.Meadows@Sun.COM>
>

> Bill,
> Thanks for getting back to me.
> Couple of thoughts to move this forward:
>       - Can Convergys participate (as a guest) in one of your meetings
via
> voice conf. call?
>       - Can you share with us what are the views of the group on
Convergys

pankaj.patel@convergys.com
>                       .COM>                    cc:

>                                                Subject:  Re: UBL-C

>                       03/07/2003 01:40

>                       PM

>                       Please respond to

>                       Bill Meadows

> Hi Pankaj,
>   I submitted your comments.  We have not yet addressed them.  We spent
the

> entire face to face working the examples (so we are a little behind).
But,
> they are documented, and will be responded to.  Let me know if you have
> any other comments/suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill
>

> > Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:43:48 +0530
> > From: pankaj.patel@convergys.com
> > Subject: UBL-C
> > To: Bill.Meadows@Sun.COM
> >
> > Bill,
> > Any updates on what we (Convergys) are proposing below?
> > Thx.
> > Pankaj
> >

> >                       Pankaj Patel
> >
> >                                                To:      Bill Meadows
> > <Bill.Meadows@Sun.COM>
> >                       02/03/03 06:24 PM        cc:      Dennis
> > Morin/CIMG/CVG@CVG, Dale
> >                                                Peterson/CIMG/CVG@CVG
> >
> >                                                Subject: Re: OASIS
News-27
> > January 2003(Document link:
> >                                                Pankaj Patel)
> >

> > Bill,
> > It was nice talking with you. We really appreciate your help in
providing
> > the clarification on UBL directions under OASIS.
> > Instead of current UBL scope (EDI or EDIFACT specific), as we talked
and
> > promised our comments to you,
> > we at Convergys would like to see the following type of work (under
UBL-T

--
"NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or