Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] Re: [ubl-ndrsc] Removing use of "-" in element andtype names

Title:
does it?  i scanned 1.90 and could only find this...

[C20] and [B21] The Dictionary Entry Name shall not use non-letter characters unless required by language

The OED says the word is "E-mail", so language requires a hyphen.

Moreover, the CCTS  then goes on to state that ...

[B26] ... Qualifier Terms shall be separated from their associated Object Class or Property Term by an underscore (_) followed by a space to separate each qualifier...

 - which means Dictionary Entry Names (for BIEs) can contain "_" as well as "." and " ".  i would say these are all non-letter characters. (and break rules C20 and B21)

My original comment stands, Dictionary Entry Names may contain non-letter characters (e.g. hyphens).  I don't see this as a problem.  They already conatin other non-letter characters such as underscore, period/full stop and spaces.

CRAWFORD, Mark wrote:

	On Fri, 16 May 2003, Tim McGrath wrote:

	>>So, given this all happens, what end up with is UBLNames that have no
	>>punctuation (only boring a-Z) BUT Dictionary Entry Names (and their
	>>composite parts) that may have things like "-".  Hopefully, this is good
	>>enough for Java and Perl ;-)

	We should never have dictionary entry names with "-".  Our dictionary entry names must be fully conformant with CCTS which specifically prohibits this.

phone: +618 93352228