Subject: NDR 0p70 comment responses to date

Tim,

Here are responses to the comments NDR reviewed last week.
Please let me know if LC has any questions on NDRs questions
or solutions to any of these and we'll discuss in NDR tomorrow am.

Thanks!

-Anne

Comment 3.1: Does LC need input from NDR on this?  If so, specifically
what's the question?

Comment 3.5: NDR: Prefix CCD (in the schema when ID="CCD####") is a
temporary identifier of the specific core component. However, it should
be CCT, not CCD.  Gunther thinks this is a typo.  Gunther Stuhec will
check this out and get back to Ann Hendry on it.  However, all temporary
identifiers are not agreed upon yet. We should delete these for 0p80.
After 0p80 we need to think of some rules for it.  GS: The rules must
come from LCSC as they are responsible fro semantics. NDR is responsible
only for rules of the generation of the XML schemas. Such a rule would
be for library content only.  The LCSC should define business document
structure according to CCTS. Then NDR takes this library and generates
the schemas for it using NDR rules.

Comment 13.1: NDR: There is already naming rules through the dictionary
entry. The comment was the names in the spreadsheet were not consistent.
It is the names within the spreadsheet e.g OrderResponseSimple and
elsewhere names have spaces in them. This is an LCSC issue and should be
using the naming rules correctly.  The rule is defined in the ebXML CCTS
1.9.  This is where LCSC should look, not to the NDR rules because NDR
rules are for the XML schemas only, CCTS is for the rest.

Comment 18.1: NDR: We have to use binary objects for digital signature.
Using the CCT BinaryObjectType you do the digital signature.  ASN1 is
often used for this. Digital signature requires, the entire contents of
what you sign must be preserved as is for verification purposes. Since
XML is not canonical in itself you have to preserve the contents of the
document with some other encoding rules.  For example Distinguished
Encoding Rules.  For any given piece of data there is one way to encode
it, to check the signature you re-encode it and check that the signature
matches.  NDR needs to provide a schema rule for this.  Paul will talk
to Eve and propose a solution for this.

Comment 23.1: NDR: This will be dealt with under 18.1

Comment b.2: NDR: There is no constraint.  We need to decide how many
namespaces we want
and definitions for them. Bill's paper does not go that deep.  A key
question is what is the priority on this.  Mavis will talk to Bill and
see if he can give us any input on it.
This is not an issue for 0p 80 but for 1.0..