Subject: Re: [ubl-lcsc] UBL-Schema 0p80 draft (alpha edition)

Title:
Here are my findings when i reviewed these...

Chin Chee-Kai wrote:
This is a very preliminary version of UBL Schema 0p80.
The purpose is for UBL LCSC to internally review it and
generate review discussions, especially in conjunction
with the following areas (in no order of priority):

A. Application of NDR rules and guidelines
Do these follow the global versus local rule?  I dont know but to me they look like the 0p70 set - which didn't, so we neeed some technical advice here.
B. Structuring of Schemas
I am not sure why qualified ASBIEs are not referencing their "Type" directly.  for example, why do we need to define a reference for "SendFromAddress", that then just says "type=AddressType"?  I know this was done in 0p70 and maybe it is part of the NDR debate, but does anyone see the advantage in splitting the defintions into two parts of the schema?
C. Core Component Types
The Core Component Types schema is not able to find the Type definitions (e.g. AmountType) because the reference wants to have the namespace (e.g. cct:AmountType)    - at least in XML Spy.

D. Core Component Parameters
E. Transformation Issues (e.g. generating reading aid from schemas)
F. Forms & Presentation Issues
G. Meta Data of Schemas
H. Any other areas on application of UBL Schemas

DespatchAdvice still has some recursion (not a schema problem but a modeling one).  A DeliveryRequirement has OrderLine, OrderLine has LineItem and LineItem has DeliveryRequirement ad infinitum.

PS. I am impressed the Re-usable schema went down from 334 Kb to 251 Kb !

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl-lcsc/members/leave_workgroup.php

phone: +618 93352228