Subject: New selection of namespace prefixes for documentary purposes

A comment for consistent documentation and utilization across UBL:

We all know that in XML instances the choice of namespace prefixes is
irrelevant because the namespace URI is what is critical to
interoperability.  When documenting XPath 1.0 addresses, namespace prefixes
are mandatory (XPath 1.0 never uses the default namespace), though arbitrary.

For 0.70 I selected a number of namespace prefixes for documenting XPath
1.0 addresses and writing my stylesheets.  The introduction in 0.80 of
"Change Order" requires a new selection of a couple of the namespace
prefixes for documentary purposes.

Here are the namespace prefixes I'll be using for the FPSC part of the
project starting with 0.80:

po:  Order
ro:  OrderResponse
rs:  OrderResponseSimple
xo:  OrderCancellation
co:  OrderChange
da:  DespatchAdvice
ra:  ReceiptAdvice
in:  Invoice

Others are welcome to choose whatever they wish for namespace prefixes, but
since I haven't seen any summary documentation anywhere, I thought I would
set out the ones we will be using in FPSC in case anyone elsewhere in the
project was looking for direction.  If I've missed some earlier established
conventions, I can change these, so please let me know.

.................... Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on courses: in-house corporate training available;
North America public:  XSL-FO Aug 4,2003; XSLT/XPath Aug 12, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-11-X              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Member of the XML Guild of Practitioners:    http://XMLGuild.info
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc