Subject: [ubl-lcsc] more issues found during examples updating

Greetings all

I hope to send out soon the latest batch of draft instances.

Here are a few more issues I've come across in the process
(numbers following on from my last messages 26th and 27th June)

[I'd draw attention to point (11) since I inadvertently left it til last but I think it's quite important.]

7) It is quite tricky getting delivery address(es) into an invoice:
(delivery details are quite usual in invoices and may be required
by some VAT authorities)
7a) At line level it requires the order document id's
to be repeated, along with some more reasonable elements -
despatch id and delivered quantity. Oddly it is possible to provide
the delivery date without the delivery address and vice versa, but not
either without the delivered quantity.

e.g.

<cat:InvoiceLine>

     <cat:OrderedItemIdentification>
     <cat:DesignatorID>Buyer</cat:DesignatorID>
     <cat:Value>A</cat:Value>
     </cat:OrderedItemIdentification>

     <cat:DespatchLine>
     <cat:ID>A</cat:ID>
     <cat:DeliveredQuantity unitCode="unit">2</cat:DeliveredQuantity>
     <cat:DeliverySchedule>
     <cat:ID/>
     <cat:RequestedDeliveryDate>2003-02-24</cat:RequestedDeliveryDate>
     <cat:DeliveryRequirement>
     <cat:ID/>
     <cat:DeliverToAddress>
     <cat:ID/>
     <cat:Street>Riverside Rd.</cat:Street>
     <cat:HouseName>Plot 17, Whitewater Estate</cat:HouseName>
     <cat:CityName>Whetstone</cat:CityName>
     <cat:Countrysubentity>Middlesex</cat:Countrysubentity>
     </cat:DeliverToAddress>
     </cat:DeliveryRequirement>
     </cat:DeliverySchedule>
     <cat:OrderedItemIdentification>
     <cat:DesignatorID>Buyer</cat:DesignatorID>
     <cat:Value>A</cat:Value>
     </cat:OrderedItemIdentification>
     </cat:DespatchLine>

It isn' all that cear whether this is the right place for delivery address in an invoice

7b) None of these details can be added, however, at document level.

8) The order cancellation document has a document level notes entity; shouldn't other
documents have the same - especially the order change - how about all documents
Maybe there should be the same at line level too

9) Order Response Simple - there is no entity to identify the Buyer or Seller. This
could create a problem with identifying which document is refered to by the
OrderDocumentIdentification - especially if the reference quoted is that of the
Seller (the reference would not then be unique from the buyer's point of view)

10) Order Change - for some reason the AcknowledgementResponseCode is misnamed the
AcknowledgementAcknowledgementCode

11) The VAT and nett totals, e.g. in an invoice, are not very easy to interpret in
view of the cruciality of getting them right in all implementations. Could they be further
rationalised and clarified. The examples in the spreadsheet do help here but I
wonder if the spreadsheets will be available to all future implementers who need them.
There has been a major change from 0.70 so maybe this should be reviewed in detail (perhaps
the most important entities to get right).

All the best

Stephen Green