Subject: No Subject

First -- Address and Location are different structures.   A Location can
have, included in it, an Address, as well as a SubLocation(which can also
have an Address).

____________________
Alan Stitzer
AVP
Marsh USA Inc.
1133 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036-2774
Phone: (561) 743-1938
Fax: (561) 743-1993
Internet: Alan.Stitzer@marsh.com
____________________

<<< Memo from tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au@Internet on 03 July, 2003, 10:36:58
PM Thursday >>>

tmcgrath@portcomm.com.au@Internet on 3 Jul 2003, 22:36 Thursday

To:    ubl-LCSC
cc:      (bcc: Alan Stitzer)
Subject:    [ubl-lcsc] [roe] OAG comment: Address and Location

To facilitate debate and consensus on the reviewed items, I am posting
relevant issues as discussion points.  The intention is that after a one
week period the team shall resolve these issues.  For example, this
issue will be resolved at the call on Friday July 11th.

Item 5.

OAGIS has defined a separate Address and Location aggregate.  Location
contains basic identification and descriptive information and also
includes the Coordinate aggregate and Address aggregate (as ASCCs/ASBIEs).

This separation of Location and Address is consistent with previous
version of OAGIS and appears to conform with best practices of many
software vendors and other standards organizations.

This is a modeling issue that has been debated before.  Do we wish to
revisit this and if so, can we adopt the OAG structures as is?

phone: +618 93352228

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl-lcsc/members/leave_workgroup.php